Join us for the 8th annual
Network of Canadian Emergency Researchers (NCER) Scientific Meeting
February 6 – 8, 2024
at the Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, Alberta
Located in the heart of Banff National Park, the world famous “Castle in the Rockies”
stands as a landmark in the picturesque alpine town of Banff, Alberta.
|The Research Professional Committee Meeting will take place February 6th, 11:15am – 1:30pm.
RPC Agenda – Coming soon
|The NCER 2024 Annual Scientific Meeting
will take place February 6th – 8th.
NCER 2024 Agenda – Coming soon
Click on the links for more information:
Overall Learning Objectives:
- To lead internationally in the conduct of high-impact emergency care research
- To collaborate with colleagues and interdisciplinary collaborators across the nation and beyond
- To build capacity in Canadian emergency care research
- To disseminate our findings through knowledge translation and exchange, ensuring the science has an impact on care, education scholarship, policy decisions, outcomes, and systems of care
Learning objectives for the protocol reviews are:
- To optimize the methodology and analytical plan for the study
- To educate potential sites on the trial and participation
- To receive NCER written feedback and endorsement
Learning objectives for the lectures are:
- Network presentations: to understand the potential and process of collaborating with each network to conduct a clinical trial in EM
- Education or QI: to better understand how the NCER network can enable research in education/QI
Click here for more information about NCER membership.
All EM researchers interested in emergency medicine research, including multi-centre trials, education research, and quality improvement (QI) research are encouraged to attend the meeting.
The meeting registration fee includes 3 breakfasts (Tuesday – Thursday) as well as a group dinner on Wednesday night. Spouses and children are invited to attend the dinner, but they must purchase a ticket in advance.
Registration closes January 19, 2024.
NCER 2024 Meeting Fees
|CAEP member, physician||$300 (+NCER membership fee)|
|CAEP member, physician – virtual attendee||$300 (+NCER membership fee)|
|CAEP member, non-physician/Non-CAEP member, non-physician||$65 (+NCER membership fee)|
|CAEP member, non-physician/Non-CAEP member, non-physician – virtual attendee||$65 (+NCER membership fee)|
Cancellations received in writing by January 5th, 2024 will be refunded minus a 25% administration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after January 5th, 2024. Only cancellations received in writing (email@example.com) will be processed.
Protocols will be selected for presentation based on: relevance to EM, appropriateness for a multi-centre trial, and experience level of the presenting author. Protocols accepted for presentation may receive feedback in advance of the meeting to assist in preparation. Please find an example of a protocol presentation here: Sample NCER presentation.
Note: You must be a CAEP and NCER member in order to submit or present a protocol, and you must be registered for the meeting.
Click here to submit a protocol.
Deadline: December 1, 2023 – 11:59PM ET
Accommodations at the Fairmont Banff Springs
Hotel bookings can be made online or by calling 1-833-762-6866 and mentioning the group name NCER. Book by January 5th to take advantage of the group rates.
- Fairmont Room (2 queen beds or king bed): $269 per night (+ applicable taxes and fees)
- Deluxe Room (2 queen beds or king bed): $329 per night (+applicable taxes and fees)
The Calgary International Airport is the closest airport to the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
Receive a 15% discount on the Banff Airporter’s daily shuttle service between the Calgary Airport and Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.
To book, follow this link and click Book Now. Proceed through the reservation and type NCER2024 in the Promo Code section on the final payment page to receive the discount. This special rate is valid for travel dates between February 2-11, 2024, if reservations are made at least 1 week prior to the event start.