February 27th – March 2nd, 2023
at the Fairmont Tremblant in Mont-Tremblant, QC.
This year’s meeting is presented virtually and in-person.
Registration is now closed.
The NCER Research Professional Committee meeting will take place February 27th.
Click here to view the agenda.
The NCER 2023 Annual Scientific meeting will take place February 28 – March 2.
Click here to view agenda.
Click on the links for more information:
Overall Learning Objectives:
- To lead internationally in the conduct of high-impact emergency care research
- To collaborate with colleagues and interdisciplinary collaborators across the nation and beyond
- To build capacity in Canadian emergency care research
- To disseminate our findings through knowledge translation and exchange, ensuring the science has an impact on care, education scholarship, policy decisions, outcomes, and systems of care
Learning objectives for the protocol reviews are:
- To optimize the methodology and analytical plan for the study
- To educate potential sites on the trial and participation
- To receive NCER written feedback and endorsement
Learning objectives for the lectures are:
- Network presentations: to understand the potential and process of collaborating with each network to conduct a clinical trial in EM
- Education or QI: to better understand how the NCER network can enable research in education/QI
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians. You may claim a maximum of 13 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Quebec College of Family Physicians, a continuing professional development-accrediting organization recognized by the Colleges des medecins du Quebec, and has been approved for 13 Mainpro+ credits.
All meeting attendees must be a member of NCER (the membership fee is $75). NCER membership must be purchased before you can register for the meeting.
Click here for more information about NCER membership.
All EM researchers interested in emergency medicine research, including multi-centre trials, education research, and quality improvement (QI) research are encouraged to attend the meeting.
The meeting registration fee includes 3 breakfasts (Tuesday – Thursday) as well as a group dinner on Wednesday night. Spouses and children are invited to attend the dinner, but they must purchase a ticket in advance.
Registration closes Friday, February 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
NCER 2023 Meeting Fees
|CAEP Member, physician||$175 (+ NCER membership fee)|
|CAEP Member, physician – virtual attendee||$100 (+ NCER membership fee)|
|CAEP Member, non-physician/Non-CAEP member, non-physician||$35 (+ NCER membership fee)|
|CAEP Member, non-physician/Non-CAEP member, non-physician – virtual attendee||$25 (+ NCER membership fee)|
Cancellations received in writing by January 20th, 2023 will be refunded minus a 25% administration fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after January 20th, 2023. Only cancellations received in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be processed.
Protocols will be selected for presentation based on: relevance to EM, appropriateness for a multi-centre trial, and experience level of the presenting author. Protocols accepted for presentation may receive feedback in advance of the meeting to assist in preparation. Please find an example of a protocol presentation here: Sample NCER presentation.
Note: You must be a CAEP and NCER member in order to submit or present a protocol, and you must be registered for the meeting.
Protocol submissions have been extended until February 10th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.
Hotel bookings can be made online by clicking this link , or by calling 1-800-441-1414 and mentioning the group name (Network of Canadian Emergency Researchers) or group code (NETW0223).
- Fairmont Room (2 beds or king bed): $269 per night (+ applicable taxes and fees)
- Fairmont Room w/ View (queen or king bed): $299 per night (+applicable taxes and fees)
NCER attendees are invited to use CAEP’s travel services provider, Uniglobe Premiere Travel, to book their travel.
Adult Round Trip $55.00 (taxes included)
Adult One Way $35.00 (taxes included)
Due to limited seating, all bookings must be made in advance.
Alternatively, car rental services are available here.